Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wilco at the Royal Oak Music Theatre

My perennial dining companion and I went with two friends to see the Wilco concert at the Royal Oak Music Theatre last night. The show was amazing! There was no warm up band and Wilco played for 2 and 1/2 hours including two encores (totaling 7 encore songs). Great stuff. Most of the songs were from there last few albums - one that stood out that was from the AM/Being There era was I Got You (At the End of the Century) from Being There. Being There and AM were the albums I fell in love with after the break up of Uncle Tupelo but the newer songs shine and sparkle with almost a carnival background. The band is very tight and work hard on stage. I have seen them many times in different configurations but this may have been one of the best shows I've ever seen. See them in concert if you can. Visit Wilco at www.wilcoworld.net. To discover Uncle Tupelo, you may want to start here: http://www.rhapsody.com/uncle-tupelo. Some credit Uncle Tupelo for launching the "Progressive Torch and Twang" style of alternative country.

No comments: