Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 - The New Year - A Time for Resolutions?

I am not completely a believer in only doing things when they are expected (how awesome is that random gift received when it is not Christmas, a birthday, or an anniversary, after all). But there is something about the New Year that lends itself to resolutions for self-improvement like no other time of the year. That whole fresh start, clean slate thing, I guess. So here goes....

I resolve not to neglect my blog no matter how busy and hectic my life gets.

I resolve to keep my head in every game I play, and to keep my head up while I play as well.

I resolve to finish learning the fundamentals of hockey (that includes the elusive pivot to my right) so I can focus on bringing all of my game to the next level.

I resolve to draw from my freezer as often as possible when preparing meals to make the most of the organic produce I have stored there.

I resolve every day to get the hardest thing I need to do that day done and over with first if possible. That makes the rest of the day so much easier.

I resolve to slow down and enjoy life as much as possible. This may be the toughest resolution to keep -even tougher than the right pivot. I am both Type A and an Aries and we don't slow down for much.

We'll see how I do come June. Check back. Hopefully there will be quite a few updates between then and now.

No comments: