Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Fly Trap - A Finer Diner

And so it is (a finer diner). My perennial dining companion and I have been carpooling once or twice a week of late to do our part to reduce our fuel consumption. While we were waiting out the rush hour Friday, we stopped in for dinner in Ferndale at The Fly Trap. I would call it a diner with flare. We sat at the counter and I had a tremendous portion of macaroni and cheese (half came home with me). Cheddar, Smoked Gouda, and Blue with Elbow Pasta, Caramelized Onion and Herbs and you can't go wrong. My companion ordered breakfast and was very pleased with his Steak and Eggs with potatoes (tasty little wedges spiced up nicely by some house made hot sauce they call SWAT Sauce) and two great pieces of rye toast. For dessert (although stuffed) I couldn't resist a 25 cent mini cherry coconut muffin. Good stuff. Well prepared, priced and vegetarian friendly.

http://www.theflytrapferndale.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like to get breakfast when I go there. Nothing like a rumble of eggs!bubbabig