Sunday, August 31, 2008

Atlanta with my sister

I don't often dine without my Perennial Dining Companion, but the weekend before Labor Day I left him at home with the cats and headed to Atlanta to spend the weekend with my sister, who is camping out in Buckhead in a rented townhouse with her two dogs, getting a feel for the city. There are many things I love about Atlanta (and many more I love about Michigan) but one of the things I do love about Atlanta is how close nice, tree-filled, residential neighborhoods are to the city proper with the restaurants and the skyline. And the availability of parking if needed. Atlanta is full of runners, bikers, and folks walking their dogs. And lots of tasty food (in a mostly non-smoking atmosphere).

Friday night we went to Cafe Intermezzo for champagne cocktails (it's a celebration when sisters get together after all) and appetizers in lieu of dinner. Very tasty. Visit at http://www.cafeintermezzo.com .

On Saturday, due to mild and damp weather (Tropical Storm Fay was passing south) we went to the movies (very entertained by Mama Mia - I will be singing Super Trooper for weeks) and then met my sister's friend for vino and snacks at Taurus. We sat on the covered deck so we could watch the incredible city lights as the sun went down (the lights look great with cloud cover as well as clear skies) . I had the Kobe Beef Sliders. Truly tasty with sweet onion marmalade, Dijon mustard and perfect little buns. My sister had a soup which looked excellent as well. The location was perfect for a relaxed evening. Visit Taurus at http://www.taurusrestaurant.com/.

No comments: