Sunday, November 16, 2008

Arbor Brewing Company

My perennial dining companion and I had friends over on Saturday night and needed to find a restaurant that offered contemporary and healthful food. We knew the beer at the Arbor Brewing Company was good and decided to believe the reviews and head on out to Ann Arbor. Our plan worked out wonderfully! The 30 minute wait for a non-smoking table (not bad for a Saturday night) was happily spent as the four of us each had a Sacred Cow IPA. Once seated, we split the appetizer of house-made red bell pepper hummus. For dinner, I ordered the crumbled black bean tacos which came on spinach tortillas with vegetarian charro beans and cilantro lime rice. Amazingly tasty. My perennial dining companion had the fish tacos and my girlfriend had the blackened chicken tacos. We were all thrilled with our choices. My friend's husband had the Drunken Chicken with Goat Cheese and Pesto sandwich which looked tremendous. Our server easily accommodated our myriad requests (extra pesto, more jalapenos).

I am especially impressed with the Arbor Brewing Company's move to organic and local offerings with thoughtfulness to the food itself.

You should visit. We will be back.

http://www.arborbrewing.com/index.php?site=brewpub

No comments: