Saturday, November 7, 2009

Joe Pug at The Ark

I realized Friday night at the Ark that I have seen Joe Pug perform more times in one year than any other artist (twice at the Ark and once at Hill for the Ann Arbor Folk Festival). And I was just as impressed with tonight's show as when he stunned me with Hymn #101 at the Folk Festival. Joe Pug performed for an hour and a half at The Ark tonight, largely with material on his Nation of Heat cd. He had a few new songs from his upcoming release and a friend of his sat in on steel guitar for about half of the songs. He was riveting - bringing plaintive yet vibrant melodies to an enthralled audience. Joe Pug has delivered a musically excellent performance every time I've been so fortunate as to see him in concert. I love the harmonica, so similar in tone to his rich, soulful voice. I will see him every chance I get. http://www.joepugmusic.com/

No comments: