Thursday, July 24, 2008

Anna's Porch - Jackson, MI

Someplace new! How fun! All the better spot to have lunch with my aunt visiting from Florida (and as it turns out, my grandfather as well). From the I 94 corridor in the middle of Michigan (aka Jackson), there is a nifty spot for lunch (and for gift shopping) called Anna's Porch. If you are hungry around mile markers 137-144 on I94 (or earlier and can hang on for a few) , this place is worth the detour off the freeway south and into downtown Jackson (a place I can say I don't think I've been before). I had a beautiful salad (The Cafe Bleu) which was bleu cheese, apples, pecans, and a bed of very nice greens served with Poppy Seed Dressing (very yummy!). My very health conscious aunt and grandfather had the salmon burger and a soup and salad combo (tuna on rye and a marvelous looking Italian Tomato soup) respectively. I really, really wanted the quiche of the day. But, having been up since 5:30 for hockey and needing to make it through my final sauce exam at Schoolcraft tonight, I abstained.

Visit and shop: http://www.annasfamily.com/PorchMain.htm

No comments: