Sunday, July 27, 2008

Eve - Ann Arbor

Once every few years, you happen into a restaurant that is something extraordinary. Food is my passion (along with sports) and I appreciate a lot of local restaurants for great food, atmosphere, service, or even properly chilled beverages. I especially admire restaurants that get a little quirky with their menu or have something unique or different about their ingredients or offerings showing a desire to do something special with their food.

That said, Eve has taken the place in my heart and my stomach previously only occupied by Emily's in Northville. My Perennial Dining Companion and I had reservations for Saturday, intending to just eat an appetizer or two and a salad and share a bottle of wine to celebrate the end of my stint in the Introduction to Professional Cooking class at Schoolcraft. Upon arrival, I was unexpectedly hungry and we ventured into the main menu. There were two selections neither of us could pass up.

I ordered the simple steak and my perennial dining companion had the simple fish. Beautifully yet simply seasoned and prepared, our choices exceeded our expectations. I had a corn pudding as my side which was beyond perfection and my dining companion had a rice side which he enjoyed as well. The wine was well matched and the service outstanding. For dessert (accompanied by excellent coffee) we split the sorbet which was a lavender and violet sorbet and was almost indescribably good. My husband described it was tasting like a color. I just call it great.

Visit often and soon. http://www.evetherestaurant.com/

No comments: