Friday, October 10, 2008

Giovanni's

Some of the best (if not the best) Italian food in Metro Detroit can be found in the unlikely location of Giovanni's Ristorante near the Ford Rouge Plant on Oakwood in Detroit. The contrast between the outside urban darkness, complete with industrial skyline, and the homey sophistication of the inside must be noted (please use the valet parking). We were celebrating the birthday of my perennial dining companion. We began with red wine and an appetizer pizza bianco which was wonderful. My entree was the amazing pesto pomodoro over linguine (the homemade noodles melt in your mouth). I avoided ordering it for years concerned about the dilution of the pesto with the pomodoro which was my loss. My companion had veal which was also tremendous. For dessert, we ordered the lemon sorbet when a small piece of tiramisu arrived complete as a birthday compliment. The food, service, and atmosphere are not to be missed. I would suggest it for out of town guests as well. Visit soon:

http://www.giovannisristorante.com/

No comments: