Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Dad's 67th Birthday

We were a little late celebrating this year due to a snowstorm, so it was a belated celebration but well worth the wait. Tradition for our birthdays (three times a year - we combine my mother's and husband's since they are in the same month) is to visit a used record store so my father and husband can fill in their expansive record collections with 99 cent albums and then go out to eat. My parents and my perennial dining companion and I ventured into Dearborn, to visit 2 used record stores and eat at one of the best (by reputation - we had not previously visited) prime rib restaurants in southeast Michigan.

First, Stormy Records (http://www.stormyrecords.com/) where both my father and husband found a few albums, then on to Dearborn Music (http://www.dearbornmusic.com/) where thankfully we had the curfew of a dinner reservation or I can't anticipate how much lower my checking account balance would have been after my Perennial Dining Companion was through. Great stuff all around.

For dinner we went to Kiernan's, within walking distance of Dearborn Music. For the first time in our traditional birthday dinners out, we all ordered the same entree: prime rib. Differing sizes, of course. But we were all equally pleased with the atmosphere, quality of food and service, and overall experience of this restaurant. Salad and dessert were very well done as well. We will be back and you should visit. The mashed potatoes are excellent - don't miss out!

http://www.kiernans.com/kiernans.html

No comments: