Friday, March 13, 2009

New Great Food!

My perennial dining companion and I went out to dinner with friends before the Umphree's McGee concert at the Royal Oak Music Theatre Thursday night and I ate perhaps the best veggie burger I've ever had. We went to the Vinsetta Grill on Woodward in Royal Oak. It's my kind of place. Clean, non-smoking, friendly bar staff, updated decor. We sat at the bar and had a beer (Blue Moon and Bass on tap) and three of the four of us built our own burger using a checklist that allowed us to choose cheese, toppings, delivery mechanism (ie type of roll/bun or salad greens) and burger composition (chicken, beef, veggie, etc). I had a veggie burger (made in house) on a whole grain roll with grilled onions, chilis, and roasted red peppers and cheddar cheese with house made buttermilk ranch dressing. Very Yummy. I would order the same thing again when we return, perhaps slightly adjusting my toppings. Very tasty. Here's a link, but it's not directly from the restaurant:

http://events.detnews.com/royal-oak-mi/venues/show/72502-vinsetta-grill

For lunch on Friday (I had the day off) we visited Zapatas in downtown Plymouth. Wow! Great Mexican food without being too heavy. The drill is to order your food at a counter, pay, and have it come out to you. We sat at a counter and looked out onto Ann Arbor Trail and had terrific food! I had chicken flautas which were served with a nice side of beans and rice (not too heavy), pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream and jalapenos. The flautas were nicely done, not too greasy and the shredded chicken was well flavored with a bit of a kick. Great stuff. My perennial dining companion had a tostada and was extremely pleased and surprised to find he could eat it without it breaking into pieces. We will return.

http://www.zapatas-plymouth.com/

No comments: